The Culver City High School Academy of Visual and Performing Arts is located on the Westside of Los Angeles in the “Heart of Screenland.” The community in and around Culver City includes numerous art galleries, architectural design, recording, and theater companies. Our neighbors include Sony Pictures Entertainment, UCLA, USC, Loyola Marymount, Santa Monica College, West Los Angeles College, Twentieth Century Fox, and Center Theatre Group.
On-campus AVPA locations:
- Room 108 (Theatre), Room 93 (Film), Room 94 (Music), Room 1 (Visual Art), and Coming Soon - Room 107 (Dance)
- Robert Frost Auditorium is a 1,200 seat venue located on the Elenda Street side of the campus just south of Braddock Drive. The Frost is currently closed for renovations.
- Sony Pictures Theatre, the SPoT, also known as the “Black Box,” is a 70-90 seat theatre space, located behind the Robert Frost Auditorium. Enter the campus through the blue gates just south of the main entrance to the Robert Frost Auditorium. Th SPoT is currently closed for renovations.
- Street parking is available in the residential neighborhood surrounding the campus.
- A parking lot is available off Farragut Avenue behind the Natatorium building between Culver City Middle School and Farragut Elementary School.
Culver City High School Academy of Visual and Performing Arts
4401 Elenda Avenue
Culver City, CA 90230
Contact the Creative Directors:
Kristine Hatanaka (Art) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Zee (Dance) - email@example.com
Alexis Reyes (Film) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Spano (Music) - email@example.com
Kirsten Opstad - firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 3530
Culver City, CA 90231